Breakfast is an important meal of the day – nevertheless it breaks the fasting period of the prior night. But, most of my lazy bachelor friends skip it to avoid the pain of collecting lot of ingredients and preparing it :P.
So, here I’m sharing with you a carb-rich morning recipe made of an easily available breakfast cereal – Chira/Poha/flattened rice.
Ingredients Prep time:20 min Serves:1
3/4 cup poha
5-10 cashew nuts ( or any nuts of your choice )
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 medium potato ( finely chopped)
1 medium onion ( finely chopped)
1 green chilli ( finely chopped)
1 tsp dried basil
A small sprig of curry leaves
Salt to taste
1. Rinse the poha in hot water 2-3 times. Drain the water and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, fry the cashew nuts in little oil and keep separately.
3. Fry the potato in remaining oil and sprinkle salt and turmeric powder.
4. When the potato is almost done, put onion and green chilli and curry leaves. Sprinkle dried basil. Stir fry for a minute or two.
5. Put the cashew nuts and poha and mix well. And voila, you treat yourself with nutritious food.