Morning exercise demands protein packed food whereas you’re running late for office. So this recipe is your saviour as you take your shower and get dressed up while it gets baked in 20 minutes. Just grab and go…
Ingredients Prep time: 5+20 min Serves : 1
5 salami slices
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp grated cheese
1/8 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
Oil to spray
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly spray a oven-proof bowl with oil. Place one salami slice on the bottom of the bowl, then arrange four more slices around the sides, overlapping.
2. Break an egg into the resulting basket.
3. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, chilli flakes and grated cheese.
4. Bake about 20 minutes, until set.
5. Gently run a knife around the edges, then release the basket from the bowl.
* Don’t forget to thaw the salami slices in microwave high (900W) for 2 minutes before breaking the egg into it.